Study M15-722 is a Phase 2a study to investigate the efficacy and safety of an active drug in participants with moderate to severe UC who failed prior therapy.
From 18 Years to 75 Years.
- Participants must voluntarily sign and date an informed consent, approved by an
independent ethics committee (IEC)/institutional review board (IRB), prior to the
initiation of any screening or study-specific procedures.
- Diagnosis of UC for at least 3 months prior to Baseline. Appropriate documentation of
biopsy results consistent with the diagnosis of UC in the assessment of the
Investigator, must be available.
- Participant meets the following disease activity criteria: Active UC with an Adapted
Mayo score of 5 to 9 points and endoscopic subscore of 2 to 3 (confirmed by central
- History of inadequate response, loss of response, or intolerance to one or more of the
approved biologic therapies: infliximab, adalimumab, golimumab, vedolizumab, and/or
tofacitinib (Note: If tofacitinib was received in a clinical trial, subject must have
received open-label drug).
- Participant having an active, chronic, or recurrent infection that based on
Investigator's clinical assessment makes the participant an unsuitable candidate for
- Participant having any malignancy except for successfully treated non-metastatic
cutaneous squamous cell or basal cell carcinoma or localized carcinoma in situ of the
- Participant with history of dysplasia of the gastrointestinal tract or evidence of
dysplasia in any biopsy performed during the screening endoscopy other than completely
removed low-grade dysplastic lesions.
- Laboratory values not meeting the following criteria : Serum aspartate transaminase
(AST) and alanine transaminase (ALT) <= 2* upper limit of normal (ULN); Total white
blood cell (WBC) count >= 3.0*10^9/L.